31 January 2008

News from Nelson – January 2 2008



Hi all,

Just a quick note this time as I am in the middle of summer school exams, assignment marking & have been asked to teach two papers this coming semester. I have decided to teach one, but I am still considering the other.

Jan is off to the Rugby Sevens in Wellington this Friday night with a team of his workmates and colleagues from around the region. He flies back to Nelson at 11am on Sunday morning, so I doubt whether he will manage to get in touch with any of you as their schedule seems to be pretty full on.

We have planned no other time away at the moment, other than a day (Monday next week) climbing Mount Arthur, which will be great. I will take the new camera!

There is also the annual Sarau fair over at Upper Moutere on Sunday afternoon to celebrate the blackcurrant crop, so if Jan has the energy after his trip to the Sevens, we may head over there & check it out.

On February 16th we have Karen & Hui-Ping, Merrill & Colin all staying with us for Sealord Opera in the Park with Dame Kiri. That should be a great night out, and I am really looking forward to it.

My Rotary club, Whakatu, are entering a team in the NZ Cancer Society's Relay for Life, a fundraiser for cancer research, education and hospice care. I volunteered, and so did Jan, so we are both going to be doing the relay. I know Jan has got very organised and emailed some of you to ask you if you would make a donation, and some of you have already done that, which is great. Any of you who would like to make a donation, flick us an email & we will send you an email with a link to do that online.

Take care, lots of hugs & more next time. Alles liebe :-)


Sam & Jan

No comments: