01 April 2012

Birthday present

Hi all,
PIcked up my birthday present today: a Pohutakawa and boulder bank vessel from Katie Gold. The unexpected and wonderful thing was that Katie had made two vessels, but one had delaminated in the firing. She gave me the 'second', so instead of one original sculpture for my birthday, I am the proud owner of two!
Katie has made both of these using my favourite colours, with Pohutakawa flowers, mussel, scallop and paua shells to decorate, and using a photo her husband & fellow clay artist has taken of Nelson's boulder bank. So immensely cool.


I like the blue one best, which is not the second. And they fill the spaces in the bookshelf almost like they were designed for it :-)

Check out Katie Gold at http://www.form.co.nz/artists/katie_gold.htm

No comments: